Lee has been studying to "grill" at his job. My understanding is that they call it "grilling" because you are "grilled" about the company, your business competency is examined, and your management experience is evaluated. He is very excited about it because he has worked very hard to get to this point in his career and it is one of the big milestones on the way to where he wants to be. I'm so very proud of him--I give him a hard time for working such crazy hours and being exhausted. I sometimes forget that he works so hard for US---such a sweet guy!!
I've been busy at work and am coming off of a week of no travel. No, pigs aren't flying! I am headed to Chicago Thursday and Raleigh the following Thursday so don't worry I'm still flying everywhere. Other than that, we're gearing up for my favorite Holiday--Christmas!! SOAPBOX ALERT: Why do stores put up Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving?? It makes absolutely NO sense to me! Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but I feel like we skip over Thanksgiving. Living in Texas with no real fall season might have something to do with my frustration, but people, please don't skip Thanksgiving just because Christmas is so fantastic! I'm not putting my Christmas stuff out until Thanksgiving--same as every year.
We're also planning a trip to Houston to visit friends and have a little mini-vacation. Things have been so crazy busy for the past year and we are looking forward to a little down-time. Hope everyone is having a fantastic week. Pictures of Halloween festivities to come soon!
I'll leave you with a picture of Lee and me at a Rangers game. Even though the Rangers never make it very far, we still enjoy going to the games--especially when we get to sit in the company box!!
One last thing: the election. It doesn't look like the McCain/Palin ticket is going to win. It makes both of us a little nervous, but we'll deal with whatever we have to and make the best of the situation. I'm no straight ticket voter and neither is Lee. We are actually both pretty liberal when it comes to social issues, but we have business backgrounds and choose fiscal policy when selecting politicians instead of social issues. I hope everyone is happy to work with whatever the outcome is--Goodnight and Good Luck.

1 comment:
yeah!!!! i am glad you emailed scott - i am so excited for your new job. traveling can be fun - for awhile, so i hope it lasts - and we would love to see you if you ever make it to SLC. Scott travels some, but not a lot (because there is sooo much work here to do), but I always wish that there will be a job in Dallas that I could tag along for! when you can - email some wedding photos to scott - i would love to know how it all went!!! take care.
Post a Comment