So do you like our blog's new look? Please comment...even if you're blog stalking me. {*I do it to you too!}
Well, Lee and I have been extremely busy for the past...oh...let's be honest, we're always busy. Lee has been working quite a lot lately. We're talking he leaves the house at 6am and doesn't come home until 8pm. I don't know how he does it 5 days a week plus half a Saturday every other weekend. I honestly hope Enterprise can be a good place for him, but I don't see him having a life EVER at ANY level there. He jokes around that I'm an "Enterprise Widow" just like the other wives. He loves his job, but I really dislike the hours. He's invested a lot of time and effort in his career there, but if this job market ever really picks up I'll be providing massive amounts of encouragement to seek offers elsewhere. Houston. Dallas. Austin. You name it, we're game!
I have been doing a lot of soul searching lately. Call it a delayed quarter-life crisis if you will, but I've decided to start the application process for going back to school. Lee and I have given it lots of thought and many prayers and we feel confident that it is the right thing for me to do. I'm EXTREMELY worried that with how competitive things are I don't have a chance, but you never know unless you try...right? Of course most of you assume I'm talking about an MBA, and while I'm applying to TCU and UT's programs, I'm also applying for an Accelerated BSN program! I'd like to continue on to get a Master's and become a CRNA, but the program requirements differ from school to school with respects to pre-requisite experience. I've always been interested in medicine but never really applied myself. Part of it was my own laziness, but a large part was due to things completely beyond my control. I had a fairly rough college experience, and it wasn't because I was out binge drinking or having "fun" with the girls. Well, regardless of the reason(s) I'm a changed woman.
I've actually changed a lot in the past 8 months. WE'VE changed a lot. We decided to make a concerted effort to get healthy and so far we've been successful. Combined we've lost over 50 pounds, cut our monthly food expenses by 70%, and we both feel fantastic! I had some {insane} lapse in judgment and signed up for 4 courses {yes, 12 hours} to be completed in July {4 weeks!} AND......{miraculously} earned a 4.0!! I never made all As in ANY semester of college {except when I was in high school and going to college simultaneously}.
So, that is the big news we've been dying to share! We wanted to wait until I discussed it with my employer before announcing it to the entire world. I need to take 3 more courses before December in order to round out the pre-requisites and I need a flexible schedule on Mondays and Wednesdays. I was really concerned that they wouldn't allow me to take 10 hours out of my work week, but they said they're going to work with me!! I won't know the specific details of the arrangement until next week, but thank God they're willing to work with me. I am extremely dedicated to my work and I absolutely LOVE the people I work with, but I also know God is leading me in the direction of higher education. I'm leaving it up to Him on which route to take based on my admission decision(s). {The (s) is wishful thinking!}
Well, that is about all the BIG news I can handle for today. Until next time...

3 comments:
Haley,
I love the new look...reminds me of fall...which I'm very much looking forward to. Cooler weather and pretty leaves. Do you guys get color in Dallas? I know that I didn't really know what fall was supposed to look like until we moved further north. Anyways, congrats on your decision to go back to school. I think that is wonderful and the fact that Lee is in agreement with you and your employer is cooperating is great. Sounds like everything is in place!
I know you will be VERY successful, and I'm excited to see where this takes you!
I, too, am thinking about going back to school to pick up elem. ed. and maybe pursuing a grad degree with it. I don't think I will want to sit around here all day once the kids are in school. And I also know that I won't ever be willing to pick up a full time dance teaching schedule again. Full time nights and weekends are out and family time is in! :-) But I love to teach...so this could be another outlet...and be very convenient to have a similar schedule to my kids.
But I applaud you and look forward to updates. Hooray for you!
Lots of love,
Jen : )
Congratulations Haley! I'm very jealous you are going back to school!!! I wish I could! This is so VERY exciting!
going back to school --- doing medicine!! whoo hoo. you are/we are all going to be 40 someday anyways - might as well have gone back to school and tried something different! although, right now i don't have a desire to go back to school - it might happen someday! when the kids are older and out of the house (he he!!!). that is exciting. i really believe the Lord will guide us where we need to be and help open the pathway!
keep us posted - and yes, love the new blog look!
Post a Comment