About Me

My photo
We got married in February 2008 and decided to start a blog for fun. Lee works for Enterprise. He would like everyone to know that he is tall, dark, and handsome. He plays the guitar and enjoys living life to the fullest. Haley is an RN in Fort Worth. She enjoys playing the piano, going to movies, and spending time with family. We hope you enjoy our family blog!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Snow in DFW

This is what I woke up to Thursday February 11, 2010. WOW! Lee ran in around 6am to let me know that our road was solid ice and the ground was covered in snow. I jumped out of bed to take a picture since my camera was right next to my bed...and then I crawled back in bed. Hey, I've never claimed to be a morning person!

I had a flight around 1pm so I stayed at the house {it is closer to the airport} and found out while I was on the way to the airport that my office was going to close at noon. I made it to the airport {it took almost an hour instead of the usual 10-15 minutes} and my flight actually took off after sitting on the ground in the de-icing process for 3 hours!



The picture below is what Lee sent to me while I was in Indiana Thursday evening. DFW got over 12 inches of snow and I missed it!! This was record setting...as in DFW has NEVER gotten this much snow before.



I read over some of my recent posts and I'm sounding a little bit negative. I'm not trying to be negative; it is EXTREME exhaustion. I feel like I could sleep for a week! Lee and I have both been working a lot and we can't wait to slow down a little. We go to Japan in 10 days for 10 days! I think that will recharge both of us!

No comments: