| From Japan III |
These little outfits had prayers written on the back and were left at the shrine.
| From Japan III |
| From Japan III |
| From Japan III |
Shelley
We felt like this a lot; the train stations had some English, but everwhere else was Japanese only!
| From Japan III |
The torii were HUGE!
| From Japan III |
| From Japan III |
Demonstrating how to properly wash my hands.
Lee and I had a blast and are finally jet-lag free. I've been uploading pictures to Picasa like a crazy woman, but it keeps timing out so I'll have to figure things out when I get home (I'm in Chicago). We had such a blast in Japan. We saw all sorts of things and really enjoyed such a different culture. We agree that some of the best things about Japan are:
1. Heated toilet sets (everywhere)
2. Everything is clean
3. All food is displayed in plastic form outside the establishment in a glass case
4. The food - it was all delicious even though we had NO idea of what we were eating >50% of the time
5. The culture - everyone was exceptionally nice, didn't get frustrated at the fact that we could only say "thank you" in Japanese, and it was fun to learn about their customs and country
6. Most importantly, Shelley lives there and we got to see her (Adam was on a ship so we didn't get to see him)
I'll post more later....lots to share!

2 comments:
I love the pictures! Especially the tiny outfits. Email me and I will send you Daniel's email so you can ask him about living arrangements--he won't do it unless he gets a direct email. His brain is too fried to remember to email you back on it's own.
How fun! How is Shelley adjusting??? I think I would be totally freaked out living in totally different culture/language/country...but the things we do for love, right??? wow!
Post a Comment