About Me

My photo
We got married in February 2008 and decided to start a blog for fun. Lee works for Enterprise. He would like everyone to know that he is tall, dark, and handsome. He plays the guitar and enjoys living life to the fullest. Haley is an RN in Fort Worth. She enjoys playing the piano, going to movies, and spending time with family. We hope you enjoy our family blog!

Monday, January 31, 2011

January is Over?

I have tried to sit down and write for a while now, but everything has been so stinkin busy!  Let me just share the last week...

Sunday - 12 hour shift in the SICU, study time
Monday - 2.5 hour certification, 2 hour meeting, 2 hour presentation, study time
Tuesday - Exam in the morning, quiz in the afternoon, study time
Wednesday - 12 hour shift in the SICU, 4 case studies, study time
Thursday - 12 hour shift in hospice, study time
Friday - 12 hour shift in the SICU
Saturday - study time in the morning, wedding from 3-9

This schedule is insane!  Do you realize I worked 4 12 hour shifts?  I'm taking 20 hours of classes!  I have NO SEMBLANCE OF A LIFE, but.....it is worth it and I'd do it again.

I could use a few prayers....

#1 - for reason to prevail.  My classmates and I had a prayer session each week before our exams and the girl who organized it each week got a cease and desist notice from the University's lawyers.  Evidently they think we are not allowed to pray on campus and can be disciplined for doing so.  I've gone through all the stages of grief with this one.  Perhaps the most interesting and pleasant surprise occurred.  The day after she received that email, a group three times that which normally meets gathered in a study area to pray for the university, for each other, and for our classmates.
The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.  Exodus 14:14


#2 - I've got a bad case of plantar fasciitis.  For those of you unfamiliar, my heel basically hurts so bad that I can't walk on it at times when it becomes inflamed.  I start physical therapy tomorrow to avoid a cortisone shot (which I'd like to avoid).  I told the Dr. that he couldn't get near me with a cortisone shot unless I got an epidural or general anesthesia!!

#3 - Lee is applying for promotions right now.  I want him to get the promotion, but only if it is a good place for him.

#4 - I'm currently applying for positions in the DFW area.  There is a trauma internship that I'm really interested in with a 2.5 year commitment but there is another good program that doesn't have that commitment.

Okay that is all for now.  Just a few pictures and a movie for you!  Ok nevermind on the movie and you get 1 picture of my handsome man with Libby @ Christmas.  Silly blogger!!

1 comment:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

Just prayed for you! I so admire your diligence, Haley! Hoping that you and Lee will find favor in all of the right ways and with all of the right people!