Quick post from the DFW airport--I'm headed to Madison and Green Lake, Wisconsin for training. Some of you have probably heard of Susan Boyle. Her performance brought me to tears and I'm not hyperemotional or anything. She brought the house down and good for her! I think I got so emotional because she is a REAL person. She's not some emaciated, make-up pancaked, airbrushed, photoshopped star. She is a real person and what everyone should be looking to. At 47 years old she stood on a stage and was laughed at. At 47 years old she is confident and resiliant enough to laugh back. At 47 years old she did something amazing and showed an audience what TALENT really is. I am thankful for people like Susan Boyle.
I applaud you Susan Boyle. I applaud you for being yourself and being proud of your talents--don't ever change.

3 comments:
it made me cry too. it reminded me of the kid that always gets made fun of at school and that no one ever takes the time to get to really know. the kid i always pay special attention to in class...
You're one of the good ones V!
i think she's awesome!
Post a Comment