About Me

My photo
We got married in February 2008 and decided to start a blog for fun. Lee works for Enterprise. He would like everyone to know that he is tall, dark, and handsome. He plays the guitar and enjoys living life to the fullest. Haley is an RN in Fort Worth. She enjoys playing the piano, going to movies, and spending time with family. We hope you enjoy our family blog!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Update

Can you tell I'm not very creative right now? I don't have time for it. Really.

Just a quick post to say I think I know where I'd like to work when I finish....ER or Critical Care.

One of my patients tried to die on me yesterday...I was in her room while she was getting a bath because she just didn't look quite right to me. Wouldn't you know she crashed right there. We're talking called the CERT team (rapid response group), ran down the hall to grab the crash cart (because I can't do much in that situation right now, other than perform CPR), pushed a Code Blue (all the alarms go off...when there is no pulse or or breathing)....CRASHED. Of course I don't hope my patients are in that situation (I work on a pretty low-key unit right now), but it feels FANTASTIC to know how to help someone in that situation and I would LOVE to spend my working days in a fast paced environment like that. I'm also pretty happy with myself for going with my gut and staying with the patient because I FELT something was up. Not only did I enjoy the action, but once we got her stabilized a little bit, I enjoyed talking with the husband (because the nurses and NPs were still working on her a little bit) and letting him know that she was talking and responding to us. I didn't give him false hope, but I kept him apprised of the situation (part of what we've learned in school).

The patient was in ICU recovering from emergency surgery when I left, and so far is much better than she was. Back to studying, learning, insanity. In the next three weeks I have 14 exams...not a typo, 14. Updates for sure after that!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haley
I just sat and read your entire blog for the past hour or so. It is really a great work of art. I lived through some of the trials and tribulations with you and reading them now is just funny.
Keep writing and just know you are awesome
J