About Me

My photo
We got married in February 2008 and decided to start a blog for fun. Lee works for Enterprise. He would like everyone to know that he is tall, dark, and handsome. He plays the guitar and enjoys living life to the fullest. Haley is an RN in Fort Worth. She enjoys playing the piano, going to movies, and spending time with family. We hope you enjoy our family blog!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

One Sixth of the Way

One down, five to go! I'm officially 1/6 of the way through the Bacc2 program at UTHSC. WOW! Every single day has been a huge learning experience. I'm working at The Methodist Hospital in Houston and LOVE it! I'm on an ortho floor, so it is fun to have patients that typically enter the hospital "healthy." Methodist is really awesome because they allow students to learn very hands on. I've already pulled 2 foley catheters (both patients thanked me and said it was painless), been involved when the CERT team was called for a patient that dropped their sats (O2 saturation - not enough oxygen in the blood), administered medications (with supervision of course), and had my very own patient to work-up and take care of. It is crazy how fast things are happening and I can only hope I'm retaining what I will need in the future. The biggest thing I've learned is that it is ALL ABOUT SAFETY...and a close 2nd is WASH YOUR HANDS! Anyhow....I hope to document a few interesting things that have happened (in the future) without disclosing any identifying info. If this post is a little incoherent, it is due to lack of sleep and dimatap consumption due to a pesky cold (likely resulting from lack of sleep....vicious cycle). Hope all is well for y'all. I'll post some pics from the last little while when I can find my camera cord! Until then.......

No comments: