About Me

My photo
We got married in February 2008 and decided to start a blog for fun. Lee works for Enterprise. He would like everyone to know that he is tall, dark, and handsome. He plays the guitar and enjoys living life to the fullest. Haley is an RN in Fort Worth. She enjoys playing the piano, going to movies, and spending time with family. We hope you enjoy our family blog!

Monday, December 27, 2010

100th Post

WOW!  100 posts?  It only took a few years to do it!

Hello from DFW, Texas!  Shelley is still in the USA (thank God) and Adam heads back to Japan tomorrow (sad about that) but he'll be back in a few days for a meeting (part of the reason Shelley is STAYING here for a few extra weeks)!

We did a family Christmas the weekend before Christmas {no photos because it was a no make-up in pajamas kind of Christmas} and then had a Christmas celebration with the entire family here in DFW.  We played games, ate good food, and caught up with family.

I have been catching up on SLEEP here lately and allowing myself some creative outlets.  Lee got off of work at 3pm on Christmas Eve, so he didn't get a big break, but we slept in Sunday and had a relaxing day so he'd be ready for work.  This is the first Christmas since I was 18 that I haven't worked.  It is SO WEIRD and SO GOOD!  I can actually cook dinner, bake, clean, and run errands all in the same day!

I will head back to Houston in a couple of weeks as 2/3 of a nurse.  It hit me today that I'm almost done with school.  It was an exciting and terrifying thought all together.  I NEVER imagined becoming a nurse as a child or even as a young adult, but I'm incredibly thankful I had a quarter-life crisis and pursued this calling.

Please keep Lee in your prayers.  He is up for a promotion, and while it would be with the same company, it is in an entirely different capacity.  He thinks he would like the position, but as always, we are praying he is led in the right direction for him and our family.

Speaking of Lee...to all you suit-wearers {or spouses of suit-wearers} Dillards is having a 50% off already reduced by 70% or more merchandise on 01/01/2011.  You can hold merchandise and pick it up that day to get the discount and we're talking discounting $1000 suits to a little over $100.  I only know this because the aforementioned position requires additional suits for Lee.

I hope all is well.  I SWEAR I'll post a million pictures soon {I LOVE looking at everyone's blogger pics}.  I just have to locate my camera charger!

1 comment:

Candice said...

You are going to regret letting me know how close you are to finishing nursing....think about all the questions I am going to have in the next few months! :) So glad you are doing so fantastic! Can't wait to hear from yoU!