About Me

My photo
We got married in February 2008 and decided to start a blog for fun. Lee works for Enterprise. He would like everyone to know that he is tall, dark, and handsome. He plays the guitar and enjoys living life to the fullest. Haley is an RN in Fort Worth. She enjoys playing the piano, going to movies, and spending time with family. We hope you enjoy our family blog!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Three Years Ago Today

Lee and I were married three years ago today!

This is the first anniversary we've spent apart {which stinks} and we've spent almost 1/3 of our marriage living in separate cities.  WOW.  I was being all self-centered and grumpy-gut about it and realized that we're lucky.  We can drive or fly to see each other and it only takes a couple of hours.  Some people live entire continents away from each other!  Some people have a spouse in the military and don't even get to talk to them on a daily basis.  We are SO lucky that we can talk, text, and road trip!

Lee
My handsome husband {yes, I'm about to brag} got what I'm calling a "lateral promotion."  He has the same title, but he now works with 3 different locations for Enterprise.  I am ridiculously proud of Lee's success at work; he definitely deserves it.  He has had an interesting few weeks.  I'll post a picture as soon as I see the damage, but during the ice storm that shut DFW down for a week he went to work {and was never even a minute late}.  The result?  He wrecked into a concrete wall with the bed of his truck after sliding off of I-35.  Lee LOVES his truck and cannot wait to get it repaired in the next couple of weeks.  I LOVE my Lee and am happy HE doesn't have to be repaired!

Haley
I had the best day in the SICU {Surgical Intensive Care Unit} today.  Well, the best day so far.  Each day gets better because I'm more familiar with the equipment/supplies, and because I'm building my confidence in my judgement and knowledge.  I routinely think about the fact that I have to be perfect or I could kill someone.  Kill.  So scary considering the fact that I'm still learning.  I'm learning to give each task the attention it deserves without constantly thinking about mortality, because when I'm thinking about that I'm not giving a task the attention it deserves!!

Both of Us
We're celebrating our anniversary and Valentine's Day in Houston this weekend!  I haven't told Lee {surprise} yet, but we're also going to CrossFit Saturday morning!  One of my sweet school friends is an instructor and she is going to kick our butts Saturday morning.  I'm SO excited!!  Lee may not feel the same way.....we'll see!

Well, that is all for my quick update.  I MUST sleep and then study tomorrow.  I have so much to document/journal/update and I'm going to work on that weekend after next when I have {a little} time off.  Enjoy the pictures!

 Lee & Trevor @ an Enterprise shin-dig

 Lee and Me @ Rachel's Wedding

 My grandma (Neese) & Me @ Christmas (it was FREEZING)

 Libby loves Lee

 I love him more : )

One of these presents doesn't look like the others... 

Maggie "doesn't" climb stairs yet this is what we came home to every day while my parents stayed with us for Christmas.  Nice to come home to sweet snoring puggies!

2 comments:

Veronica Maria said...

Happy Anniversary! I now have to look up Crossfit:)

Alec & Emma Davis said...

Happy Anniversary! That thing that you said happened to Lee in his truck...that was us last Christmas during the great Tulsa blizzard. We got stuck in Tulsa and on the way to Enid Christmas day a cross wind sent us swerving all over 412 West and we smacked the concrete median head on. Apparently it wasn't too bad because the airbags didn't even deploy...but it was still no fun. Glad he's okay!