About Me

My photo
We got married in February 2008 and decided to start a blog for fun. Lee works for Enterprise. He would like everyone to know that he is tall, dark, and handsome. He plays the guitar and enjoys living life to the fullest. Haley is an RN in Fort Worth. She enjoys playing the piano, going to movies, and spending time with family. We hope you enjoy our family blog!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

About an Earthquake

Thursday was spent obsessing about an interview for my dream job Friday morning @ 0830.  I was seriously more nervous about this interview than I have ever been about anything {which is weird for me because I'm usually pretty chill about interviews}.  Thursday night was a dinner celebration for my husband who got promoted this week.  Thursday late night {until about midnight} was spent super duper quadruple preparing for said interview Friday morning. More on both of these happenings later.

Friday
0200 - My sister's friend calls me in tears {waking me from a deep sleep} telling me that she's praying for our family and have we heard from Shelley.  WHAT?!??
0200 - 0345 - I was using every form of technology available {gmail, skype, facebook} to try to get into contact with my sister.  Lee was calling Japan {and other US military bases} trying to get through to Adam on base {we assumed he was there} and finally spoke with someone on base at Yokosuka that transferred him to emergency hotline {that wasn't giving out information}.  We literally hit our knees and prayed that God would take care of Shelley and Adam and then kept the search, prayed, searched, repeat cycle going.
0400 - I hear from Adam's mom {via facebook} that Adam got her a message saying that they were OK.  THANK GOD.
0530 - I get the guts to call my mother and tell her what has happened but that Adam's Mom said they were OK.  She had gotten a call from Shelley {Thank God again} around 0430 letting her know that they were OK and that there had been an earthquake.  She and my Dad then turned on the TV and started to become very worried.  After this phone call we weren't able to speak with Shelley and Adam until late Friday night {power was out, phones were out, internet was out, transportation out}.
0830 - I arrive at my dream job interview with life and its priorities put into perspective.  A job is not something to be worried or nervous about, and I was not at all nervous {but was a little tired}.

Please pray for everyone in Japan.  Shelley and Adam are SAFE, TOGETHER, and THANKFUL.  Thank you to all of you who contacted me worried about them--they are very loved!!

1 comment:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

oh girl! what a trip. I'm SO SO SO glad that they are fine. I'm sure it was a life altering experience for them. I can't imagine being in the midst of that devastation. Hope the interview went well. Love to your family!