About Me

My photo
We got married in February 2008 and decided to start a blog for fun. Lee works for Enterprise. He would like everyone to know that he is tall, dark, and handsome. He plays the guitar and enjoys living life to the fullest. Haley is an RN in Fort Worth. She enjoys playing the piano, going to movies, and spending time with family. We hope you enjoy our family blog!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bob Wehadababyitsaboy

The news is in.....we're having a little BOY!!!  We are just over the moon that we get to be parents to a little boy.  Honestly we both thought it was a girl at first, but at the appointment we both looked at each other and said "BOY" AND we both wore blue without thinking about it.

In addition to finding out that we're having a little BOY {looks all official in capital letters, doesn't it?} we had the anatomy scan completed.  The anatomy scan goes through each body system and looks closely at the brain, heart, digestive system, and kidneys to make sure they have formed correctly and are functioning properly.  Long story short, everything points to a healthy little boy due at the end of November.  They said he weighed about 10 ounces at my appointment and would be doubling that weight in the next few weeks.  BOY, I believe that!  My preggy belly is making a debut even in my hippie chick free flowing tops!

I have started to feel little movements; to me, they feel like flutters or bubbles.  If I had to describe it I'd say to hold a glass of freshly poured really fizzy soda and that is what it feels like inside.  I am starting to think we can feel them on the outside too, but Lee insists he can't feel anything just yet.  It is hard for me to tell if my hand is feeling something or my tummy is feeling something!  We are thinking of names for our little BOY, but we haven't decided on a specific name just yet.  We like a few, but nothing sounds perfect yet.  My nausea/vomiting/pukefest 2012 have gotten a little more manageable, but are still very present.  A friend {thanks Veronica} suggested cold canned peaches, and they seem to work when it hits me in the morning or when I haven't eaten a substantial meal.  I know, I know, there are some of you that are going to say "Well, Haley, just eat a substantial meal!"  Easier said than done when every bite of food feels like it is sitting in your neck and might come back up at a moments notice.  Trust me.  I've tried EVERYTHING.  Preggy pops?  Might as well buy suckers cause that is what they are....candied sugar.  SeaBands?  Don't work for me, but do cut off my circulation a little and make my hand veins buldge after a few hours.  Zofran?  Seems to work sometimes, but nothing consistent.  Phenergan?  I'd like to say it works, but it just knocks me out so I'm not sure it gets rid of the nausea so much as it just...knocks me out so I can't tell if I'm going to puke.  That's the short list.  I've tried A LOT more.  I eat about every 2 hours and just grin and bear it at work when smells and sounds {that aren't great} trigger involuntary gagging/puking/running to the bathroom/finding the nearest vomit appropriate receptacle.  In HAPPY vomit news, I {think} I have gained a pound.  A whole pound!  This is a big deal when I've lost 15 since I found out I was pregnant.  I am SOOOO proud of that pound!

Well, enough for now.  I am kind of in a mood {when am I not} and being silly.  I start in the ICU tomorrow and am excited/terrified.  I hope I am not a total retard when it comes to being a beginner there, and I really hope the smells don't get to me with my {currently awesome} smelling capabilities.  We are all doing amazing.  Harper didn't get much press in this post, but she is an absolute doll and {totally} knows I'm preggy.  She cuddles up to my tummy ALL THE TIME.  She LOVES her little brother!




I don't know why, but I can't help but remember that commercial about phone rates....hmmmm I can't even remember the company.  Oh....here it is {below}!



Hilarious every single time!

No comments: