About Me

My photo
We got married in February 2008 and decided to start a blog for fun. Lee works for Enterprise. He would like everyone to know that he is tall, dark, and handsome. He plays the guitar and enjoys living life to the fullest. Haley is an RN in Fort Worth. She enjoys playing the piano, going to movies, and spending time with family. We hope you enjoy our family blog!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Baby Harper ICU

Well, this post is going to be short because I'm EXHAUSTED.  Actually bullets are in order....


  • Harper is the sweetest little frenchie EVER; I seriously don't know what I would do without my sweet little girl.  She curls up right next to my tummy every morning after Lee leaves for work and snuggles me and the baby.  She knows he is in there; she sometimes sniffs my belly {which she never did pre-pregnancy}
  • The ICU is AMAZING.  I absolutely love it and at the same time it terrifies me.  I have two more days with a preceptor {someone who teaches you how to work in a new unit} and then I'm "on my own."  Please say a prayer for my patients.....and for me!  I have learned so much in the last 6 weeks and made some new friends.
  • I am SO VERY thankful for the preceptor that I was assigned in the ICU.  She is an incredible nurse/person/role model and we really couldn't get along any better!  I was really worried that I'd get someone that didn't really want to teach, but she is AMAZING!
  • The baby makes my entire tummy move when he kicks/rolls/punches now.  Lee has felt and even seen the movements.   It is pretty amazing to feel this little angel inside my tummy move all around; it is also reassuring to know he is doing "OK" in there!  I gained a few pounds at the doctor this last month, but I'm still in the negative for weight gain.  I'm hoping that I end up 9 months pregnant at my pre-pregnancy weight or very close to it; that would be kind of nice.  In any case, I hope for a really healthy baby and smooth delivery, but the icing on the cake would be to weigh less leaving the hospital too!!
  • I finally LOOK pregnant.  In fact, just last week the FIRST person commented on my preggy belly and asked when I was due.  Kind of nice to finally start hearing at almost 6 months pregnant!  I was tired of just looking a little plump.  Speaking of plump, all of my weight change/shift has been into the top of my hips and, of course, my belly.  My belly button is quickly becoming a very shallow version of itself, and I feel like I just ate a huge meal at all times!  Also, I feel emotionally bipolar right now; I burst into tears for no apparent reason...the Olympics are a real tear-jerker too!  All those Mamas and Daddies watching their babies rock it out?  FLOOD OF TEARS.  I'm not complaining or anything, just documenting the facts. : )
Well, that is about all folks.  Lee and I are great.  I am still going to CrossFit pretty regularly and listening to my body when it comes to the WODs.  Lee is working like a crazy man {as usual} and treating me and Harper like princesses {as it should be}!  We went out to dinner tonight and talked about how excited we are to meet our little boy.  I feel like I already know him even though I don't know what he looks like.  I can't wait to see his sweet little face!

Hope all is well with y'all!!!

1 comment:

Alec & Emma Davis said...

I'm so excited for you guys, Haley! I know you're going to be amazing in the ICU and amazing as a Mommy. Your patients and your baby boy will be so blessed! Hugs!