He is most active early in the morning when I first wake up and in the evening when we get in bed. He also likes to do some serious moving after I eat lunch as long as I'm sitting still. He gets the hiccups {or I notice them} just about every other day. I hear this is a good thing because it helps with lung maturity {I never learned that in nursing school but hey, I never cared a lot about L&D}. Hopefully the hiccups help with lung maturity because......
Everyone keeps asking when I'm due. The official date is November 29th. We are VERY certain about this date and all of our ultrasounds have confirmed that date +/- 2-3 days. Well almost 2 weeks ago people started saying that he has "moved down" and that I look like I'm getting ready to have him. Um, no thanks please. I would like to make it until at least 36 weeks {full term} before he makes his debut. I'd like to take him home from the hospital with me and not have any complications. Well, I'm starting to think that he might come a little early but hoping for the 36 week mark. I have an appointment tomorrow, so we'll see what my doctor says. He has DEFINITELY moved down. I feel like his little head is resting on my thighs and it is really difficult at times to move around. I have also been having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions. Last night I had about 10 in a row. There were so many that I considered calling my doctor, but I was so exhausted that I fell asleep before I could decide to pick up the phone! I have had quite a few today, but mostly when I am walking around, so I've been a lazy bum all day other than a quick trip to the mall and to get a pedicure with my sister. Actually nix that....I'm having one right now as I sit and type this. AWESOME! I am really hoping to work up until the day I have him, but I am starting to come to terms with the fact that this might not be possible. I'd really like to take my full 12 weeks WITH him instead of having any of that time squandered trying not to go into labor. We'll see though....
His nursery is just about complete. I will have to post some pictures of it soon! I cannot wait to see his sweet little face and meet this little angel that God is sending to us. I have tried to sound really positive on the blog, but it is worth noting that I have not enjoyed being pregnant. It has been a pretty rough experience with all of the nausea, vomiting, weight loss, fatigue, insomnia, and pain. I have, on multiple occasions, wanted to punch people who talk about how they feel so wonderful pregnant.....in the face. That said, it is an absolute miracle and I appreciate how amazing it is to be able to grow a human being. Every single time I feel/see him move I am reminded of how miraculous this is. He is so loved by our families and friends. We cannot wait to meet him {after 36 weeks which is Halloween}. We love you sweet angel!

2 comments:
Amy dropped a few times before the 36 week mark but always moved back up. We even had an ultrasound where we saw her face-up when she was dropped, and that was three weeks before she was born. The moment I went into labor she shot back into my ribcage. She was a day late as well. I hope your little one stays in long enough that you get to go home with him! Good luck and keep those feet up!
Thanks Kayce! Amy is PRECIOUS!!!!!
Post a Comment