About Me

My photo
We got married in February 2008 and decided to start a blog for fun. Lee works for Enterprise. He would like everyone to know that he is tall, dark, and handsome. He plays the guitar and enjoys living life to the fullest. Haley is an RN in Fort Worth. She enjoys playing the piano, going to movies, and spending time with family. We hope you enjoy our family blog!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Life is Precious

I mentioned in a previous post that I had a rough day and got some bad news.  Part of the reason we went down to Houston last Saturday morning was because my Dad's godson passed away very unexpectedly.

We are really good friends with the family, and although we haven't been able to spend much time together in recent years, the loss of him really kind of tore through me.  He was Lee's age and the oldest of 3 brothers as well.  My family is friends with his entire family.  In fact, when Shelley and Natalee were going to Houston Ballet, we got to spend a lot of time with his Aunt going to plays at the Alley, concerts in Memorial Park, and just having a ton of fun all over Houston.  She was at most of our dance recitals, Nutcrackers, and anything else we were involved with.  I absolutely hurt for his family and all that they must be going through.  I cannot imagine the pain of losing a sibling.

I was looking for a scripture appropriate for them and found this one:

Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken. 
PSALMS 55.22


At the complete opposite end of the spectrum, I got to visit a friend and her newborn baby Sunday.  It is really wonderful how God guides people through life.  I thought about my friend ALL day on Wednesday and Thursday.  I kept saying little prayers asking God to surround her with his Angels and help her deliver a healthy baby.  I found out Sunday how important those prayers were.  She and her baby almost lost their lives.  Had every little detail not been in place, neither of them would be alive today.  While I was looking for above scripture Tuesday, my mind wandered to my friend as a read:


When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You. 
PSALMS 56.3


I usually don't go into religion much on my blog, but I think everyone can appreciate the experience of loss, birth, and how how truly precious it is that each of us are alive.  As my friend told me the story of how her son was born, and I got a little teary eyed.  She is such a strong woman and I am proud of her courage in a very trying time; I admire her courage.  I told my parents about her story and started balling just re-telling it.  I guess the emotion of the weekend was really bottled up inside of me.

By the way, Mamma and baby are doing fantastic, although I am pretty apprehensive about having kids after the experience she had!


No comments: