About Me

My photo
We got married in February 2008 and decided to start a blog for fun. Lee works for Enterprise. He would like everyone to know that he is tall, dark, and handsome. He plays the guitar and enjoys living life to the fullest. Haley is an RN in Fort Worth. She enjoys playing the piano, going to movies, and spending time with family. We hope you enjoy our family blog!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Travel Woes

You should know about this and this before reading this post.


I realize that the airline's policy is that you need to be in the boarding area at least 30 minutes prior to departure. I get that. I don't fully understand it, but I respect it. I planned to do that for my 2:55 flight. I really did. In fact, I planned on leaving around 1:30 which would have me arriving at the airport around 2:00 at the very latest with 25 minutes to spare.

Well, my favorite airline people in Indiana decided that my flight would depart at 2:10 instead. They called me around 9 this morning and emailed me as well, but let's be honest, I was training agents and NOT checking my email and phone. I raced to the airport as soon as I saw the email and arrived at my gate as the plane was pulling back. The tears welled up, I'm sure my face got red, but I didn't break down and cry; I was even nice to the gate agent. I doubt she made that decision {although if she did, KARMA BABY!} so there is no reason to be rude.

I'm now sitting, stranded, in the Indianapolis airport {again} and hoping to get on the 5:00 flight. I say hoping because the flights for the rest of the day are sold out because of the ridiculous snow storm DFW got yesterday. So if anyone reads this today, please pray that someone misses this flight so I can get on it {isn't that awful} and go home!

No comments: